8/12/14

Monday Made It



I'm finally joining in on the Monday Made It Linky with 4th Grade Frolics.  I wish I could show you some classroom stuff, but I've been busy with some family commitments. My niece got married Saturday!  It was a beautiful wedding. My sister in law asked me to do the centerpieces for the reception, which I was glad to do.  I'm between graduate classes, so it worked out great.  The only thing about fresh flowers is that you really can't do anything ahead!  I had my daughter and other sis in law helping me, plus we were able to secure a room at my sister in law's work, have the flowers delivered to arrange there and just drive them across the street to set up at the church.  It was a large wedding.  I had 60 arrangements to do....in one day/evening. My sweet sis in law did a few and my daughter did one.  We knocked it out, got the tables all set up and it was really stunning.  



My other sister in law (mother of the bride) gathered "flow blue" containers that she and I both already owned, along with silver pitchers, white pitchers, cut crystal containers/vases, silver bowls, all mixed together...every table was different.  I can't show you a picture of the whole room, it just wouldn't come out right because of the light.  Believe me, it was gorgeous!! Her colors were navy and all colors of coral and pink (for the flowers).  Her bridesmaids wore navy dresses. 


These are still at the "arranging room" before we took them across the street.


So I only have one "Made It" for this linky...but ok, 60 arrangements?! That's gotta count for more than one project?!!  

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! Seriously Julie, these made me gasp! You have a talent Lady and these really do count as a Made It. I'm so glad the wedding was wonderful!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erin, that's so sweet! I'm not a pro, but it was fun!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing ideas here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please check back because I do reply to comments here!