4/12/14

Task Card and Game Overload? Organize!


     I think my task cards I've made and bought are some of my favorite things in my classroom.  When I started collecting them, I knew I needed a good way to store them along with my one-page games.  At first, I started using a huge binder and protective sheets for everything, but it immediately started getting too fat with all those pieces in there.  I had to come up with a workable system.

Here is how I do it:

  • Keep task cards in those accordion coupon files (I have three sizes from Target Dollar Spot.)
    Target has such cute files!
  • Keep task card originals and answer sheet originals in a small binder in sheet protectors.  I keep these originals even after my task cards are laminated and cut just in case we lose one of them! (and we will lose one sometime!)  I also put a sticky note on the original telling myself where the task cards are kept.
  • Some answer sheets are hard to identify as to which task cards they go with, so I also add post-it notes telling myself which task cards the answer sheet matches.
    small binder for all originals
  • Keep single game boards (and worksheets) and wipe-off pages used over and over with dry erase markers in sheet protectors in a BIG binder. These can get bulky, so I use the biggest binder I have.

    I use heavy-duty sheet protectors
  • Use dividers with tabs to separate wipe-off pages and games into different skills  (e.g. money, measurement, addition/subtraction games)

single page games kept in large binder separated by dividers

a single page bump game by sandyslearningreef.blogspot.com
Do whatever works for you, but this system has kept me somewhat sane!  I have to stop buying task cards, I have to stop buying task cards, I have to stop buying task cards...



post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love your organization! It always feels great when you find a system that works for you!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Not that there aren't 500 more things that I still need to organize...it never ends! Thank goodness for Target!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing ideas here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please check back because I do reply to comments here!