6/18/15

Some Fluff For Ya

Y'all know I like my teacher stuff.  I post about Socratic Seminars, RTI, products for interventions and classroom use, how to teach poetry, and lots of really good stuff.  But do I love the fluff.  It's this time of year that the fluff comes out and I can't resist it.  Target is my source for the cheap fluff.  I buy there every year.  I bought all my book boxes there a couple of years ago.  They have held up really well (none broken).  The ones from Lakeshore, etc... are great, but way more expensive.

It made me happy today to see that Target has already displayed some of their teachery $1/$3 stuff!!

It's the fluff that dreams are made of.

"You know I'm all about that fluff,
bout that fluff, from Target...
I'm bringin' turquoise back!"

No, I haven't been drinking.

I write a serious blog here about important teacher stuff.

I gotta say that turquoise makes me happy!!!!  And no, I'm not ashamed to do a cell phone photo shoot right in the middle of the Target Dollar Spot.

Here is my haul today -

My first favorite find was wipe-off word strips.  They are laminated lime green and turquoise (looks baby blue and yellow, but that's just my phone camera, I think).
Purpose:  I won't use these as wipe-off.  I plan to put vocabulary words on them from all of my authentic text books, so that it's handy when I do a new read-aloud or book study. (AND there are 30 strips in there!) 

Small pocket chart to go with the word strips.  I have one already, but I thought I might use two.  I don't know why. It's a dollar.
Purpose: To post the vocabulary words from the story I'm using that day.

Cute turquoise tote containers. 
Purpose: I like to store scissors, glue, etc...in these on my shelves.  

Small orange polka dot/turquoise bowl.  
Purpose:  Paperclips.  I like the wide opening for grabbing what I need, plus I love the orange!

Wipe-off board of the United States.
Purpose:  I actually put these in my Daily 5 stations toward the end of the week.  My kids love to go to my big map (which is a shower curtain from Target hung on the wall...see post {HERE})  They love to locate the states and write the postal codes or mark the capitals.  They have held up really well, but I bought a couple more. 

I've saved the best for last.  This is the best deal in the whole dollar section.  These are blank books.
Purpose:  Inspire the students to write about something wonderful.  Have them plan alone or in groups of two to write a book. My students always write an adventure story about our two guinea pigs, Oreo and Harley.  You get 8 medium sized books, 3 bigger books, or 3 smaller hard-bound books for $3. 
Link to previous post on books: {HERE}  

Maybe they will have something really fun and new this year.  There are already some favorites out that they have every year.  I keep checking to see what's new.  I'm obsessed with Target, I guess.  They don't appreciate me, though.  They don't even say hello when I walk in the door, and I spend half my paycheck there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about sharing ideas here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please check back because I do reply to comments here!