12/31/14

TOP 5 Blogposts of 2014!


I'm linking up with Jivey in her look back at 2014!  

Five for Friday!

Teacher Appreciation Week 2014

It was so amazing this past May.  My class went above and beyond to make me feel appreciated!!  Our PTA created a western themed luncheon for us, decorated to the hilt.  Chipotle even gave us a free meal!  It was a great week.


I LOVE webquests!!! 


A biography webquest! 
I love to let my kids do these "techy-scavenger hunts"!!  They are so motivated to find the information when they 1) work in groups or pairs and 2) get to use the iPads and QR codes.  Double the fun!



These cartoons are done by my students each year.  I absolutely  love them! There is a process to it and it does take time.  I don't get to do art very much...high stakes testing has rooted that right out of my week.  But when we do get to do some art...we do it right! I don't want to take the space to explain the process here, but take a look at the results!  You may be interested in the post {HERE}


We also do some pretty cute "desk people!"


One of the highlights of my 2014 school year was books my  students wrote about our class pets, Oreo and Harley.  They got to choose between fiction and nonfiction guinea pig stories. Most pairs chose fiction so that Oreo and Harley could have an adventure! 
The fun part w as inviting kids to share with other classes!  


AND NUMBER ONE IS...
Oreo and Harley
Our beloved class pets...Oreo and Harley!  I had no idea how much these girls would change my class! They are the first things my kids look at when they come into the classroom.  We hold them at then end of the day while I'm reading to the class.  It is a a highly sought after job to care for them.  The kids have learned responsibilities and how to take care of the pets.  I allow two kids to take home a guinea pig each Friday for the weekend.  So far, a whole year and the process has been flawless.  I have a parent permission form and parents pick up the pet and return it to my room on Monday morning.  The guinea pigs have been a great addition! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about sharing ideas here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please check back because I do reply to comments here!