8/27/14

Room Reveal...the Middle

I posted the "perimeter reveal" a couple of posts ago.  Here's a little peek at that again:




Then there was this little problem with that middle area of the room...


It's so much better and kids' desks are ready with their little activity to get them "settled" in during those first few hectic minutes the first hour of the first day. 

I LOVE my class.  They are so bright and sweet and mostly EXCITED to learn. I'm really excited to have a self-contained class for the first time ever.  It's such a sense of school "family."  I am going to love it!

Here are the "after" pics!
I have three tables of 6 desks...and I'll probably need more as the year goes on!
Part of my library area.  See our D5 book boxes?! 

Please excuse the little mess on the bottom shelf and the big paper sack in the foreground!
 Behind my book boxes is my "teacher area."  I did away with my desk last year, and I love it, but I still have to have some storage and computer spot.  The hanging files next to the computer are my go-to files for daily things.  I found that I wasn't using all the good stuff I had because I hate digging through a filing cabinet.  I just have everything out in the open, and I can get to it in a second.  It isn't beautiful, but it's efficient!

More of my D5 library

I hope everyone has a fantastic year!  Pray for an early fall here in Texas...we NEED recess and it keeps getting cancelled due to temperatures!


2 comments:

  1. I love how it turned out! Your room looks amazing and those kiddies are lucky to have such a great teacher!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing ideas here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please check back because I do reply to comments here!