7/1/14

July Currently

I'm about to wrap up another summer school, so my July is all about FINALLY getting on with summer stuff.  

Linking up with Farley here! 
  
www.teacherfluffandreallygoodstuff.blogspot.com

I'm listening to kids fidget and while they test.  The good news is they are actually applying some of the strategies they have learned over the past three weeks!  That's progress.  Texas law requires that we provide an opportunity for students to pass their failing grade level, so here we are.  It is a great opportunity to pick up a few extra thousand dollars over the summer, and to help some struggling kiddos!  
I'm needing to just "I Dream of Jeannie-style blink" some things right now:  painted classroom, laundry done, grocery shopping done, and maybe a pedi?! 

Ok, my husband makes the BEST homemade ice cream. We only have it a couple of times a year because it is BAD for you, and I mean FOF (full of fat!!)  I may be able to post that recipe at some point.  He's funny about it, kinda guarded.  He's really quite proud of it. (I will have to covertly obtain the formula for you if you're interested.) We are all gathering at my mom and dad's for the Fourth.  I am looking forward to some holiday down-time, and we may be able to see the fireworks this year (tree trimming done!) without leaving poolside! 
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...homemade ice cream sounds delicious! Enjoy your 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Y'all have a great holiday! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I second that homemade ice cream! Sounds yummy! Calories don't count on a holiday right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely NO guilt, whatsoever! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Julie

      Delete
  3. I would love to 'blink' some things done! Good luck with the things on your list!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried. It didn't work...laundry still there. :o(

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing ideas here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please check back because I do reply to comments here!