7/9/14

It's Target Time

Within the last day or two, our Target has turned the Dollar Spot into a back to school "funland" for teachers!  I saw some of the things I bought last year, but some new stuff too!  Two of my favorite things are back.  First, I bought ALL the book boxes they had last year in lime green or turquiose.  I had to travel around a little, but I got all I needed.  (Now I'm going to need double that this year because I'll have two LA classes.)  They only had yellow or white today, so I passed for now.  They also had lots of little baskets, buckets, and paper trays.

  My favorite thing right now for task card storage are the coupon files.  I like to have each set (or two) in a separate holder.  I cut out the dividers (unless I need to leave one in there to separate two sets,) and I love the way I can organize all my different sets.  They seem to have those all the time.  Lately in gray, white, coral, and a greenish-turquoise color.

Another VERY cool thing they had again are these blank books.  I bought two packs of 8 last year and my kids buddied up with a friend and they wrote stories and published them in the blank books.  It was a REALLY fun day! We read to classes in the library (mostly younger kids).  I bought two more sets for this year.  They actually had bigger books too, and a pack of three hardbound blank books for the $3 price too.  I think it's a bargain!

I hope they didn't mind me "staging" some shots right in the aisle! 
Here's a little shot of my kids reading aloud to other kids in our library.  They wrote, edited and revised, and did final copies of their stories in the blank books.  It was really fun, and they took great pride in having a real book to illustrate and write in.




Target also had their rack of workbooks, wipe off multiplication cards, president cards, puzzles, all were great last year (and I bought a BUNCH, so I don't need any this year.)



In the back to school supplies (yes, sorry, they're out there already), they had tons of teacher/classroom supplies, even bulletin board border. I don't remember them ever having border and bulletin board stuff  before.

One last thing.  They now have this adhesive wallpaper.  It is so cool!  The sheets are 20"x16', I think.  They showed it lining the back of book cases, small sections of accent wall.  The colors were so pretty.  I wish I could figure out a way to use it.  (I'd like to cover all those maroon lockers...but I don't have $500 to spend on adhesive wallpaper to cover ugly lockers!) 

It's still my FAVorite store...hands down. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about sharing ideas here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please check back because I do reply to comments here!