4/20/14

Expanded Daily Five Stations

Our entire school (pre K - sixth) uses Daily 5 as our main reading/writing format.  I love the station charts from Kristin Kennedy on TpT. 

They have cute backgrounds and were free of course! My favorite thing is the anchor charts with each poster.  I also love that she mixed polka dots and chevrons!! 

I have found a need to expand my Daily 5 stations beyond just "Word Work."   "Work on Writing" hasn't changed, and neither has "Read to Self or Someone" or "Listen to Reading."  I did spice up my Word Work Station to include some fun reading/vocabulary activities and some brain work that goes beyond spelling.  My "Expanded Daily 5 Posters" help to keep the stations organized.   I'm offering them here, free.  They are editable.  I've included some numbers in case you want to make your groups smaller or just have some new numbers to go with your grouping! 
This station goes with all of my matching cards and task cards for LA.

This station goes with the usual letter stamps, scrabble letters, magnet letters, etc...

This station is probably not going to match what you have, but edit to match!  I have some Highlights pages, word puzzle pages, etc...in protective sheets to use over and over as well as Scrabble Jr, and some other games.

One of my favorite attractions at the Word Work center is my Puzzlemania magazine book.  I just took several Puzzlemania magazines, cut out my favorite, most challenging pages, and put them in a sturdy folder in plastic page protectors. 

Puzzlemania pages for dry erase markers.

I'd LOVE to hear your ideas to make your D5 stations exciting and fresh! 


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love your clean-up directions for each station! I may need to incorporate something like that into my centers!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Erin! My Word Work keeps growing and I needed to organize it into some categories.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing ideas here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please check back because I do reply to comments here!