3/26/14

What Kind of Shape Am I?


Well, I know what kind of shape I am, and we're not gonna talk about that. My students, however, did a fun activity with 2-d and 3-d shapes. First, they chose a shape they liked and know lots about (and they got one of our shape manipulatives to look at).  I asked them to write down in their spirals all that they knew about that shape (edges, faces, vertices, does it roll, etc…) and where we might see that shape in the real world.  We shared some of our ideas about the shapes.  
www.lovesthirdgrade.blogspot.com

I handed them a 3x8" strip of paper. We folded over 1/3 of the strip.  I had them write, "Guess what shape I am" on the front of the folded over part.  
Clues on unfolded part


"Guess What Shape I Am" on the folded over part
www.lovesthirdgrade.blogspot.com

And the name of the shape goes under the flap!
They wrote clues to the shape on the part you can see and the answer under the flap. It was a great quick little activity and the kids had fun.  We will share them with each other tomorrow and see if we can guess what the shapes are!  Sometimes simple activities turn out to be the best lessons!
www.lovesthirdgrade.blogspot.com


 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about sharing ideas here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please check back because I do reply to comments here!