3/7/14

Hallway Geometry with QR Codes

I saw some pins on Pinterest where teachers took tape and masked off tiled areas to measure (as well as figure the perimeters.)  Some used floor tiles, but I used the wall tiles, just seemed easier to count on the wall.  I taped off the  areas on our wall and added QR codes so the kids could check their answers with i-pads. They had to answer in their math spirals first.  (I like this site for QR code generation:  https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/ and I use the Inigma app for the reader.  There are lots of others, but these two work great!)

www.lovesthirdgrade.blogspot.com
www.lovesthirdgrade.blogspot.com

 
www.lovesthirdgrade.blogspot.com

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Julie,
    I did this same activity this week! Ha! I did put the masking tape on the floor...but shh...don't tell my custodian!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin! Funny you did this activity too...it must have been "National Masking Tape Week!" While I was taping off these shapes, our fourth grade was doing the same thing down the hall, literally at the exact same time. Pinteresting!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing ideas here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please check back because I do reply to comments here!