7/16/15

Kind Words

One day this past year I decided I was tired of certain kids being unkind to one another on a daily basis! We seemed to be caught in a vicious cycle.  Someone would insult someone, then another insult was said, then they were both standing in front of me, sad and hurt. I decided it was time to try to fix this and get them into some better habits! That’s when I grabbed some library pockets (that I bought because they were cute!) and invented “Kind Words.” Some days we didn’t use it, then someone would go back there and write something and others would follow. It was a miracle! I hope it works for you!

Kids are lined up to give those compliments!  It was a big hit!  They were allowed them to go up when finished with morning work.

Imagine...a line of kids just waiting to be kind to one another! 
 I used basic library pockets for the kids to put their notes in.
 Try my cards to give your kids prompts for their compliments!  There is a page of blank cards so they can be creative! 
Click {HERE} to find it in my TPT store!



Click {HERE} to see the product!
There need to be some guidelines set up so that only kind things are said in order build each other up!  There are 7 different prompts to choose from including a blank set for the kids to create their own!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, hey you might like what I do with my students, It is called Bucket Filling! I am going to you use your idea with mine, a match made to go together. Thanks for sharing.Here is the link for the books and the link for the website.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Bucket-Filling-Three-Book-Carol-McCloud/dp/B0052V7HGM
    http://www.bucketfillers101.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa! I have seen that book! It does sound like it would go together!! Thanks! Julie

      Delete

It's all about sharing ideas here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please check back because I do reply to comments here!