4/18/15

Small Steps...Big Victories

My last post was about high-stakes testing.  I believe in my ideas and convictions about testing.  I had no idea that our district's school board had the same convictions. They have listened to parents and teachers.  I remember a few weeks ago, another school district sent a resolution to our legislature.  I was so envious that their school board recognizes the damage that this testing is doing to our schools, teachers, and most importantly, our kids.  Here is the latest from our school district.  Will the Texas legislature do the right thing after entire districts are speaking out?  It's a continuing saga...and I'll update!


But this week...victory!  We are so excited as teachers, parents, and I know that our kids will be thrilled as well! THANK YOU AISD TRUSTEES!


2 comments:

  1. This is awesome news! Lucky you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are really excited that SOMETHING is being said! Now if something can get done!!

      Delete

It's all about sharing ideas here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please check back because I do reply to comments here!