11/2/14

Liebster Nomination #2

Thank you, bren in room 10 for my second Liebster nomination!  I'm very honored to be nominated by such a beautiful blog and it's author, Bren!



1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging
I started blogging because I love teaching and talking about teaching and making things for teaching and thinking about teaching...and stuff.  I started blogging a little over a year ago.  I was really nervous at first because it's all "out there" after you hit that publish button! 


                         2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why
Optimism.  I am going to be happy come rain or shine and whether it's hard or easy.  I have been teaching a long time and it's the only way to make things work for me.  I have to get on board with new things that come down the pike and make school wonderful and meaningful for the kids I teach.
.        

 3. Is there something you learned late in your blogging journey you wished you knew before
I wish I had known that successful blogging can be a long process and a growing experience.  It sometimes feels like a commitment, but a good kind of commitment. 

4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging?  
Watching classic TV with my kids and husband, going out to dinner (because I DON'T love cooking.) Shopping is WAY up there too.

5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?  
I probably work about 3 hours a week on it, unless I have alot to say! 

6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most
I love organization and specific skill lesson ideas. 

7. Where does your blog inspiration come from
I get alot of inspiration from what I'm doing at that particular moment in my classroom. I usually think..."Nobody would want to hear about this."  Then I take some pictures and it sounds better and better in my head, then I write about it.  Sometimes I create a product to go with the post and that is also really fun for me. I LOVE to give stuff away for free. 

8. Which post that you've written are you most proud of
One of the most popular posts is my "Dreaded Poetry Unit" post.  I don't know why it has been pinned so much. Maybe because it is very "doable" with the supplies most teacher have all the time. I also love my similes and metaphors post using a Taylor Swift song. 

9. Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have postponing it for a while now?
I would love to blog about my grad school and how I am earning my Master's degree in literacy studies while my son is also in college and my daughter starts next year. I am just not sure if that post would be interesting to anyone besides me! Three of us in college at the same time should earn some attention, right? 

10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?  
I like getting comments from other bloggers and forming long distance friendships with people I've never met.  It is a very positive community and also very supportive! 

11. Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself
I had already commented how much I love your idea for the printer's tray!  It is really adorable.  Y'all take a look at her post {HERE}!!

Here are my nominees:
SamanthaTeaching on Cedar Street
MariaTeaching in the 21st Century
Randi: Teaching in an Organized Mess
Brenda: Teaching...Seriously
Ayaa: Teachers Treehouse
Melanie: Teacher's Lounge
Jenny: Teacher and a Mom
Becky: Teacher Features
Rachel: Classroom Confetti
Hiedi: Classroom for the Little
Kassie & Alexandria: Classroom Action with Mrs. Jackson

The Rules: 

Now that you've been nominated here are the official "rules" for accepting:

1. In your post link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out".

2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).

3. Nominate 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers each.  Provide them with 11 questions or have them answer the questions above.

4. Let your nominees know they've been nominated and provide them with a link back to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so s/he can learn more about you as well.  (You can just put your post link in the comments below).

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for my nomination! I appreciate it :) It's great to find your blog too! You can read my post at http://classroomforthelittle.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

It's all about sharing ideas here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please check back because I do reply to comments here!